Packing Household Hazardous Waste for Transporting
Lincoln County Solid Waste Management
Moderate Risk Waste Facility
34735 SR 2 East
We have prepared the following suggestions to help residents pack hazardous materials for transport to the Moderate Risk waste Facility at our transfer station.
- Place containers in a box or plastic bag to contain any spills.
- Place like materials together. Separate unlike materials.
- Make sure containers are tightly sealed.
- If a container is leaking, place into a larger container like a coffee can or bucket, preferably one that can be sealed. Large zip lock plastic bags are also very effective at containing leaks.
- When at all possible, please label materials that are not in their original containers or that have lost their original label.
- Transport containers in the trunk of your car or the bed of a pickup away from passengers.
- For your safety please transport flammable liquids like gasoline in DOT approved containers. If fuel is transported in the passenger compartment, roll windows down. Please limit size to 5 gallons per visit. Staff will empty containers and return them to customers for reuse upon request.
- If you have further questions please call 509-725-0122