Marijuana Eradication Program (MEP)
The Marijuana Eradication Program (MEP) is sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration and managed by the Washington State Patrol.
The emphasis of this program is to consolidate the efforts of federal, state, and local enforcement agencies to eradicate marijuana-growing operations within the state of Washington.
This program needs your assistance to be successful.
The MEP Hotline receives and monitors anonymous information from concerned citizens regarding marijuana-growing operations. This information is sent to an enforcement agency in the jurisdiction of the reported marijuana grow for action.
Up to $5,000 for information leading to the seizure of marijuana-growing operations.
The MEP Hotline pays REWARDS for information leading to the eradication of marijuana-growing operations, and is totally anonymous.
You must speak directly to a representative to be eligible for the reward program. If you are not interested in a reward, you may leave an anonymous message 24 hours a day.
Information must be received via the hotline prior to contactingany law enforcement agency in order to be eligible for a reward.
LOOK FOR THESE SIGNS…they may indicate the illegal growing of marijuana.
- Covered or blackened windows
- Loud humming sound from fans or ballasts
- Strong musty order
- Large amounts of potting soil, containers, fertilizers, hoses, halide light systems, ballasts.
- Use of guard dogs
- Posted property
- Security Systems
- Large purchases of fertilizer, garden hoses, PVC pipe, camouflage netting
- “No Trespassing” or “Keep Out” signs
- Guard Dogs
- Unusual structure or items in remote forested areas; buckets, garden tools, fertilizer bags, etc…
DO’S and DON’TS
MARIJUANA GROWERS CAN BE DANGEROUS – leave investigations to Law Enforcement Officers…
- Do your best to know exact locations, address, or landmarks.
- Do make note of any vehicles (license plates) or persons in the area.
- Do make note of any guard dogs or alarm systems.
- Do call the Marijuana Eradication Hot Line at 1-800-388-GROWimmediately (1-800-388-4769).
- Don’t enter an outdoor garden area.
- Don’t look around for additional plants or garden sites.
- Don’t return to the area.
Leaving voice messages after Reward Program hours.
If you receive a voice message during your call, please ensure that you do the following:
- Leave a voice message when prompted, speaking slowly and clearly.
- For the tip to be successful, you must leave the exact address or directions to the grow site, the town where the marijuana grow is located, the growers name (if known), and why you feel that marijuana is being grown at that location.
If you wish to receive a reward if there is a bust on the marijuana growing operation that you had reported, please ensure that you do the following:
- Assign yourself a 6 digit number (any number of your choice with six digits) and verbally leave that 6 digit number during your phone message.
- This program is not a crime victim assistance fund.
- Please do not leave your name or information about yourself.
- Remember the 6 digit number you had left during the voice mail AND the date that you had called the hotline, and do not give the 6 digit number out to anyone.
The next time that you contact us, you can give us that number and the date that you had called, and we can give you the status regarding the report that you had made.
- After leaving the message, you must call within 2 weeks(during Reward Program business hours) and talk to a hotline representative to be eligible for the reward.