Environmental Health is an organized community effort aimed at minimizing the public’s exposure to environmental hazards and the prevention of human disease and injury by identifying environmental factors contributing to illness and modifying them to reduce exposures in the environment in which we work, live, and play.
Environmental Health today includes the capability to:
- Respond rapidly to outbreaks of disease, chemical and physical disaster
- Assess risk and its impact on lives and infrastructure
- Educate in the promotion of a healthful and safe environment
- Put information into perspective for dissemination
- Enforce public health laws to protect the community and its people
- Prevent the introduction of yet-to-emerge or latent agents of disease.
Lincoln County Health Department
90 Nicholls Street
Davenport, WA 99122