Lincoln County Public Works Employment Opportunities
The Lincoln County Department of Public Works has one opening for a regular full-time Shop Supervisor in the Fleet Services Division at the Davenport Shop.
This position has been determined to be exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore is not eligible for overtime, except under special circumstances, this position is also not represented by Local 1254 of the WSCCE of the AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
Interested individuals need to submit a current application and resume to be considered for this position.
Supervises, directs and schedules all mechanical repairs, preventative maintenance work on equipment of the Public Works Department. Supervises and maintains the parts, tools and supply inventories of the mechanical shops. Assist with the preparation, development and specifications of the equipment replacement program. Supervise the work of all employees in the Mechanics classification.
1. Minimum educational requirements are high school education or equivalent.
2. Minimum ten (10) years experience performing heavy equipment repair and maintenance or five (5) years performance of heavy equipment repair and maintenance and five (5) years experience supervising heavy equipment repair and maintenance. Or equivalent combination of experience and training.
3. Basic computer skills are required.
4. Class A Commercial Driverís License (CDL) with necessary endorsements is desired but not required.
1. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees, subordinates, other county departments and divisions and the general public.
2. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to work on equipment when the time and need arise.
The salary range for this position has been established at $4,104 to $5,113.
Applications and resumes are to be submitted no later than July 12, 2012. Applications can be picked up at the Lincoln County Public Works Office, 27234 SR 25 N, Davenport, WA 99122; Phone No. (509) 725-7041
The position is subject to drug and alcohol testing. Lincoln County is an equal opportunity employer.