The law changed in 2000 allowing the courts to “defer the finding” for up to a year on some infractions. If your record permits you may ask to have ONE CHARGE deferred.
These conditions are usually, but not limited to
· you are not charged with any other violation in that one-year period
· At the end of the year if you have met the conditions, the charge will be dismissed
There are certain charges that cannot be deferred.
· child restraint violations
· some charges of Negligent Driving
Drivers with commercial Drivers licenses may not defer any ticket.
A person may not receive more than one deferral in a seven-year period for each type of violation.
You must print the deferral form and send it to the Court. Your request for a deferral must be postmarked within 15 days of the date the ticket was issued, unless you have requested a hearing & then you may choose to defer any time before your hearing is held.
The deferral fee is $160.00, if you want to make two payments you will be charged a $10.00 fee that will be added onto your first payment.
· First payment with fee $90.00
· Second payment due in 30 days $80.00
· No notice will be sent about second payment
· Or send your payment along with the deferral form
We will not process your deferral paper work unless the first payment plus fees or the full amount is paid at the time you submit your paper work.
You will need adobe to open and print. You can download adobe free from this link acrobat